Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Drywall Completed

Between Ryan, Chris and myself, we've sure spent quite a bit of time downstairs the past two weekends. Shelly along with my parents chipped in as well and after 4 full days of drywalling, I'm beyond thrilled to say we're finished! When Shelly's cousin Andy asked Chris who would be hanging the sheetrock, he stated that we were doing it on our own. Andy's reply, "Good luck!" Now I know why.

That being said, I'm thrilled I/we did it on our own. I now have such an appreciation of the work that goes into a job like this and it feels good to know we've had a big hand in finishing our own basement.

The Plasterer's are at our place today and should be finished sometime tomorrow morning. After that, we start priming and painting the walls. I gotta say, we're moving along nicely and I truly believe we'll hit our April 30th deadline, possibly even with a week or so to spare.

The Living Room

The Bar Area
(The opposite side of the room pictured above)

The Half Bathroom

Hallway to Bedroom & Kate's Playroom

Inside Kate's Playroom
(Looking out toward the Living Room/Bar Area)

The Guest Bedroom
(Looking out toward the Doorway)

No comments: