Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tough Mudder #2

This past Saturday I completed my second Tough Mudder and this time had the pleasure of running it with someone else I knew.  Shelly's brother, Greg Burch and I took on the 12-mile, 29-obstacle course and had an absolute blast.  I thoroughly enjoyed having someone I knew running alongside me every step of the way. 

I gotta say, some of the new obstacles Tough Mudder has come up with are just great (not to mention painful)!  A new one they added named Electric Eel is a combination of Electroshock therapy (Running through live wires which generate a 10,000 volt shock) and Kiss of Mud (crawling through mud under barbed wire).  Underneath the barbed wire, there were little 12-inch long strands of electrically charged wires and each time you touched one, it sent a nice shock through your body.  Every few seconds you could hear someone getting zapped followed by every "choice" word you can think of.  I managed to make it all the way to the end before I took my first shock....which just happened to be in the forehead followed by a nice zap to my left butt-cheek!  Ouch-Town, Population: Me.

Anyway, I had a great time and can't wait to do it again in September!

Greg and I, About a Mile In

Me, Crawling in Mud Under Barbed Wire
 

Greg, Running Through Electroshock Therapy

Me, Working Through the Twinkle Toes Obstacle

Kate Shows Off Her Tough Mudder Face

Daddy, what is going on here?!?!
(Kate got compliments Left & Right for her Shirt)

 Tough Mudder Completed!

No comments: