Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Martha Stewart.....Without the Criminal Record

We would like to take this time to thank the talented Deb Weiland for painting this beautiful tree in our nursery. The inspiration came from a Pottery Barn Kids magazine and she was able to replicate the image and make it look even better! With her artistic tools, paint and projector in hand, she was able to add a very personal touch to the nursery. Her labor of love means so much to John and I - and of course, Baby Weiland. Thank you, Deb, for helping create such a warm and peaceful place for our child to come home to!

While John and I would like to have the nursery fully prepared prior to the baby arriving, we're finding that it's a lot easier said than done. Not knowing the sex of the baby definitely makes things a bit more tricky. Our plan is to decorate the room in a neutral tone and then finalize it with feminine (pink) or masculine (blue) touches once our little peanut arrives.

Stay tuned for results from our latest doctor's appointment!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! My first blog...I'd like to thank all the little people, wait that's not right... really, I'd like to thank the little "one" for giving me such great inspiration. It was so fun to resurrect my paint brushes and offer my little touch to this sweet nursery! Before you know it, we'll be adding either pink or blue and finishing that happy room! Thanks for the shout out...Mimi in waiting

Scott said...

Deb is amazing. Can I borrow her for a week or 2? The room is sooooooooooooooooooooooo Pottery Barn kids.....I love it!
Jen

P*P*P said...

Aunt Deb did a great job on the tree painting!! I love it!!

Laura said...

I saw that in the catalog and looked to see of the sold the wall-decals...they did not. :( Aunt Deb did a beautiful job, baby Weiland will be very happy in the fabulous room you have all created!