Thursday, June 24, 2010

Andrea & Michael: Just Married

I would like to take this time to congratulate John's cousin, Andrea, and her new husband Michael! They were married this past weekend in Greensboro, North Carolina where she grew up and John's aunt and uncle still reside. Prior to having Kate we were certain that we were going to make the trip to witness this spectacular event, but once our little one arrived we realized that traveling would be a little more complicated than it once was. Ultimately John and I came to the decision to stay in Wisconsin, but the two of them were definitely in our thoughts. I caught myself looking at the clock all day on Saturday and praying for them as they were committing their lives to each other.

Thankfully, Andrea has a blog and kept all of her readers updated with wedding details. She included a picture of her cake design (which was beautiful!) and described some special touches that they added such as "signature cocktails" - yum! So while we couldn't be there, her blog (and Deb's photos!) made us feel as though we were present. From the many photos we viewed, it was so apparent that their special day was wonderful. The weather looked gorgeous, the reception hall was exquisite and the bride and groom were simply stunning. In fact, Andrea looked so beautiful that some of her bridal photos are displayed on "Southern Weddings'" blog!

So at this time I'd like to extend a belated "cheers" to the bride and groom. May your days, weeks and years ahead be filled with much love, laughter and joy. Congratulations and long may you love!

Kate wore PINK to honor you, Andrea!

1 comment:

P*P*P said...

John & Shelly -- Thank you so much for the lovely blog "shout out!". We were so sad that you couldn't be with us to celebrate, but we hope that when we make our way to WI for a visit (hopefully soon!) we can get together and also meet your absolutely beautiful daughter!

Also, Shelly, thank you so much for the beautiful note. I opened it the morning of my wedding and it literally had me in tears. I greatly appreciate everything you wrote and the advice you shared with me will not be forgotten.

PS: Hi Kate! I love your pink dress!! You look TOO CUTE in my favorite color!!!