Thursday, October 14, 2010

Picture Me ROLLIN' & Mommy's New Job

So much to report from the last few weeks, I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll start by congratulating Shelly on her new job! As of last Friday she's accepted an HR Coordinator position at Shopko Headquarters. While we thought she wouldn't start until next week she actually starts this morning! Both Kate and I are so proud of her and know she's going to be great in her new position. Since the moment Shelly and I started dating, I've always said she was built for HR and almost 10 years later, it looks like I was finally right. :) Congrats love, we couldn't be more proud and excited for you! As for Peanut, she'll be partying with Mimi (Deb) today and tomorrow and as of this point will start daycare 2-3 day's per week starting Monday.

Speaking of Peanut....when she heard the news on Friday that Mom got a new job she was so excited for her that she decided to roll over from her back to her stomach for the first time! Kate was playing in her Baby Einstein Playmat while Shelly was making her a bottle in the kitchen. Low and behold, Shelly walks back and realizes Kate is laying on her stomach....which is not how she was no more than a minute earlier! Shelly was so excited and proud, but was also a little bummed that she didn't get to see it for the first time. No worries though, Kate put on a repeat performance not much later for her and Shelly caught it all. Later the following evening I was fortunate enough to see her do it and she hasn't stopped since. Just this morning, I was making her a bottle in the kitchen only to come back and see she had rolled over on her stomach once again. Right away when I noticed, I gave her a huge smile and cheered/applauded her to which she shot me back the biggest grin. It was wonderful to say the least and we can't say enough how proud we are of her progress. She's not only a wonderfully easy baby, she's so smart and is reaching all her milestones well ahead of schedule.

Next, I've been meaning to post this video for the past couple weeks and for that I apologize. Kate is now tall enough and strong enough to play in her excersaucer. A special thanks to Aunt Jill & Aunt Gail for giving it to Kate. As you can see....she loves it!



Finally, here's another picture of our little lady sporting her new Pumpkin hat made by Mimi. Look at that face!
We've got plenty of things going on the rest of this month so we'll be posting often. The three of us plan on going to the Pumpkin patch this weekend, which we're very much looking forward to. Until then, take care everyone!

3 comments:

P*P*P said...

Congrats on the new job, Shelly!

The pictures you posted today are ABSOLUTELY adorable. Father/Daughter shots -- SO precious. John you look so happy and I love Kate's new hat! :)

Scott said...

Congrats Shelly on the new job. I hope that you like it. Kate is getting so big. They just grow and grow. They are doing something new everyday and it just keeps getting better! Hope all is well!!
Jen

Brooke and Charlie said...

Hah, that is the best hat EVER!!!!
Cant wait fr the Christmas hat.