Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Everything!

There is certainly a lot to celebrate lately! First, I would like to wish our dear nephew, Benjamin, a happy belated birthday! He turned the big 3 on the 30th! He wasn't the only one that celebrated a birthday on that day though. His uncle, Godfather and my baby brother also turned another year older. I won't share his age since his response to my birthday text stated, "Thanks for the reminder".

We also had a very Merry Christmas and hope all of you reading did as well. We spent Christmas Eve at the Weiland's and then headed to West Bend on Christmas morning to celebrate with the Burch bunch until Tuesday. We certainly missed the Virginia Burch's, but were so thankful to see the rest of the family.

With all of the traveling and getting off of our schedule (Jen, I know you can relate), we decided to ring in the New Year at home - just the three of us. Being the party animals we are, we were all asleep before midnight. However, I could tell when the clock struck midnight as I awoke to fireworks going off all around our house. Much to my surprise, John took no part in it.

We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May 2012 bring you much love, happiness and laughter!

I was able to snap this picture of Kate and Grandma & Grandpa before she ran for the hills.

Kate and Grandma having a good time.

Opening up a gift from Uncle Greg, Auntie Laura, Brookie and Choo Choo

What Christmas wouldn't be complete without a little Jersey Shore trivia game?

We're normal.

Like mother...

...like cat.

6 comments:

Scott said...

That post made me laugh my ass off! Made me miss that we werent there.

On a side note: I sent you a text regarding a possible trip to WI on Kate's bday. Did you get it? Let me know what you think?

Jen
xoxox

Abigail Finn said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! I always love the Burch family pictures :) Lots of love.

J, S said...

Jen,

No, I didn't get your text. However, I did receive 3 blank texts in a row from you on Ben's birthday. I figured one of the boys got a hold of your phone and were sending some love to their Auntie. :) A trip to WI would be fabulous! We miss you guys so much! Please let me know what you guys are thinking. Lots of love and am also loving all of your current posts! So cute!


Ab,

What is your work schedule like these days? I'm off on Monday the 16th. Are you free? I hope you and Joe had a fabulous holiday! Lots of love and many hugs!

Andrea said...

Chuck is going to be so pumped that he made the blog!

Auntie Dre

Scott said...

Shelly,
We booked our tickets for Kates bday and in July! Mark your calender! The VA Burchs are invading!
XOXOXO
Jen

Laura said...

Man! Wheres the picture where Chuck is swiping pieces off the board!