Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday!

I am a horrible wife for not giving my wonderful husband a timely birthday shout-out on the blog. John celebrated his birthday (I'll let you guess how old he is) on the 24th and thankfully we were all healthy to celebrate his special day. Given his birthday was on a Tuesday, we celebrated with his family on Sunday. We headed over in the afternoon and feasted on Deb's spaghetti and rum cake before John opened his birthday goodies.

While he wasn't all that excited for his birthday, we were all excited to celebrate and recognize what a great husband, father, son, etc. John is. One of the best parts of my day is when he walks through the door after he gets home from work - not to mention seeing first-hand the love he has for Kate. We simply couldn't ask for a better husband and father! We love you so much!

Kate helping Daddy open his gifts

Alright, a Grill Daddy!

And the most comfortable Packer pants known to man (yes, I've already tried them out).

You can't go wrong with Lambeau Field barware.

And rum cake!

2 comments:

Scott said...

I really wish I had a piece of that Rum cake....YUM!

Hope you had a great birthday!

Jen

Abigail Finn said...

i agree, the cake looks delish! Hope you had a happy birthday, john!