Monday, February 6, 2012

Basement Renovation

The ball is officially moving on our basement renovation project. My brother and I broke ground to rough in a space for a half bathroom a few weeks ago and just this past Friday and Saturday, the project got into full-swing. Andy Woldt (Shelly's cousin) who owns his own construction company came up along with my father-in-law Chris and three of us got to work.

By the time Saturday evening rolled around, I was shocked by how much we had completed. As the day went by Friday and into Saturday, I found myself laughing more and more at the thought that I was going to try and tackle this part of the project without calling in the experts. It was quickly clear I would've been in way over my head. The level of expertise Andy and Chris had was unreal and I'm so thankful they were here. Their craftsmanship and quality is readily apparent! So, if anyone's thinking about finishing off their basement without calling in an expert, let me save you some time.....don't bother!

Once again, thanks so much to Andy and Chris for all your hard work. Greg, thanks for coming Saturday and giving us a hand as well.

We'll continue to update the blog with updated pictures as we move along in the process. These pictures are of the work completed this weekend.

4 comments:

Bob and Melissa Seidel said...

Where are the pics? Can't wait to see the progress!!! Glad you had a successful weekend working on it!

J, S said...

Sorry about that Mel...crazy past 4 days!

Bob and Melissa Seidel said...

Love seeing the progress, great job guys!!!

Abigail Finn said...

very cool! Miss you guys!