Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Punta Cana Vacation

Last week the three of us got back from a wonderful vacation in the Dominican Republic. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana and it was beyond amazing. My parents took us on the trip and two of my parents dear friends came as well.

We thought Kate would do well on the trip but we had no clue she would do as great she did. Every day instead of having to go back to the room to nap, she did so right on a lounge chair and her naps were just as long as if she were in her crib. It probably helped to have the real-life ocean/waves sound her noise maker emits.

Sound Asleep
Just Waking Up

The resort has so many different pools, each catering to a different demographic, but we didn’t spend a moment at any of them. I’ve never seen such a beautiful beach filled with powdery sand and absolutely zero rocks both in the ocean and on the shore. It made for the best swimming I’ve ever experienced. Given that, we spent all our time there. In fact, here's a little video of Kate enjoying the beach.


My Folks Along With Shelly & I

Shelly & Kate Enjoy the View

This Weather Will Work!

It's a Tough Life

On top of that, the resort was absolutely gorgeous, the service was beyond incredible and it was a vacation I’ll treasure the rest of my life. Besides that, there’s actually quite a bit more to report. Kate had her first hair “trim” before we left, but you’ll hardly notice it. We’ll post video of that as well as some updates regarding our basement remolding project on Friday.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That video is so cute! I bet she loved the sand on her tootsies.

I can definitely relate to the first picture--that's usually how I look on vacations, but mine are typically alcohol-induced. :)

Dre

Abigail said...

Looks like a great vacation. Shel, you look wonderful! Talk soon!

Jeff said...

Is that The Situation in the last pic? Yeah buddy!