Monday, January 25, 2010

25 Weeks...and counting!

Well, there's no mistaking that I'm pregnant. My basketball belly is a clear indicator that our little one is growing more rapidly - and that's only going to continue. I've been feeling the baby kick more often and this morning I swear it was doing somersaults and back flips in my tummy. John got to feel the baby kick again tonight and I just love watching his eyes light up every time he feels something. It's usually followed by the question, "Was that the baby?". I have to remember that he doesn't have the opportunity to feel these movements inside of me and so the kicks may not seem so prevalent to him.

As we mentioned in an earlier post, we attended a "Breastfeeding 101" course and a "Baby U" course last week. Both were great and very informative. The breastfeeding course was at the Babies 'R Us and there was only one other woman in attendance. The course focused more on the different types of breast pumps and all of its accessories, but John and I felt more knowledgeable about the device since we picked the "teacher's" brain for about 45 minutes after the actual class wrapped up.

"Baby U" was held at Bellin hospital in Green Bay where we plan to deliver the baby. It was a popular event as many couples were in attendance. We learned about car seat safety (and grew a little anxious over the matter at the same time), received a tour of the maternity ward, had the opportunity to speak to two Bellin physicians and had a mommy/daddy session as well. All parts of the evening were great, but I must say that touring the maternity ward and seeing an actual room was my favorite part - not to mention the little cutie pie that was just born that was in the nursery. :)

Because we know that May will be here before we know it, John and I have also started to look into baby education classes. The typical class runs 4 weeks, but there is also a more in-depth class that is 8 weeks long. The main focus of these courses is the labor and delivery process. In addition to this class, we will also be registering for another breastfeeding course and an infant CPR course. Needless to say, we have a lot to look forward to!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Staying after class for a little extra credit...that a boy Juanton! (You too Shashi!)

Kimmy!! said...

ohhh Shelly u look beautiful....Pregnancy looks wonderful on you! U and John must be getting so excited. This blog is so great (u and John and Jen and Scott are so clever) I love reading and seeing all the pictures. Cant wait to see u grow and grow and hear about all the kicking!! much love to u and John xoxo

Unknown said...

Soooo cute Shelly! It's great to see your "baby bump" growing...truly an amazing miracle. It shows in your face as well...you have that special glow given only to moms to be! We're enjoying the blog. Keep them coming.

Scott said...

It is a boy! I have officially changed my mind by the way you are carrying. Chinese calender says girl but the way you are carrying says boy! Oh boy! I am so confused!
Jen :)