Monday, January 18, 2010

Bob & Jillian Would Not Be Pleased

I can officially say I am 24 weeks along and my belly can certainly prove it. John and I had our monthly doctors appointment on the 5th and our doctor was pleased to see I had gained 4 pounds since my last visit. This was the first time she measured my uterus and reiterated that I need to eat, eat, eat as the size of my uterus was two weeks behind where it should be. She also confirmed that I'm anemic so I now need to add another iron supplement to my prenatal cocktail!

Unfortunately, I saw her a week later as I experienced some sharp pains in my right side, lower right abdomen and lower back. Given I have a history of kidney stones and to ensure the baby was alright, I called the doctor to make sure it was round ligament pains and nothing else. Everything checked out fine, but I was shocked to see I had gained an additional three pounds in that one week! Of course, my doctor was elated and she absolutely loves John as he makes sure I meet my caloric count each day. I don't think I've ever had so much chinese, Dairy Queen and pizza in my life!

John and I had such a wonderful weekend together as it was spent registering and picking out a paint color for our nursery. While registering was completely overwhelming, it was an exciting experience and we are very fortunate to have great moms among our family and friends that offered us some advice.

We have a busy, yet very exciting week ahead of us. Tomorrow we are completing our registry and attending a "Breastfeeding 101" course. I might be looking forward to this class more than John, but I am thankful he's attending this with me so we can both learn together. Wednesday evening we will be attending a "Baby U" course for first-time parents offered by Bellin hospital. This course features a car seat safety class, a separate class for moms and dads and then we get a tour of the maternity ward. The tour will be helpful as we are still deciding where to deliver. Needless to say, John and I are very excited about these educational classes and everything they have to offer.

I would also like to take this time to wish my biggest bro, Scott, a happy belated birthday. I won't unveil his age, but I will say that Scott and his wife, Jen, will be the godparents for our little bundle of joy. They have two boys and have been very helpful and instrumental as John and I go through this new adventure. Happy belated birthday, Scooter! :)

With everything that's going on this week, we'll have plenty to report in the near future so check back soon!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I thought Juanton took "Breastfeeding 101" in college? Bring on the advanced course!