Thursday, March 3, 2011

And We're Back!

Sorry for the long absence - we were having computer issues which didn't allow us to post anything.

As I write this, I can’t help but think that Kate will be 10 months old tomorrow. Everyone told John and I that time flies even faster when you have kids and boy they weren’t kidding. It felt like we were just at the hospital yesterday as I can still hear my doctor say, “It’s a girl!” and vividly see my hospital bed surrounded by John, my parents and his parents.

Given how fast the past 10 months have gone by, it’s no wonder that February felt like it was here and gone with a snap of a finger. We experienced so many wonderful and exciting things this month. Kate has kept us rather busy and on our toes as she learned to pull herself up on the furniture and anything just slightly within her reach. She also continues to chew on everything since another tooth popped up right next to her first one. Needless to say, her kisses are turning into opportunities to utilize those chompers.

Given that she’s in her 9th month, she had her routine check-up with Dr. Schacht. She definitely gets her height from her daddy as she is in the 82nd percentile at 28.75 inches long. She now weighs 21 pounds, 10 ounces which is in the 86th percentile and her head is in the 42nd percentile. We were thrilled to hear that she’s thriving and thoroughly enjoyed this appointment since there were no shots. Hooray! We also got Dr. Schacht’s approval to start Kate on real foods. We attempted that this week and will talk about it in our next post so stay tuned! Until then, enjoy some pictures of Miss K.

Check Out My Cute Legs as I Stand On My Own!

I Like To Chew On My Blocks....

My Hand...

The Page On My Musical Table...
And the Remote Control. Are You Sensing A Theme Here?
But I'm Still A Happy Baby Even When I'm Teething!

2 comments:

Scott said...

OMgoodness! Kate is just precious and beautiful! I am so glad you are back up and running. I have had Kate withdraw! She is just darling!

Abigail said...

Kate is so beautiful! she always looks so happy