Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Anniversary & Tough Mudder

This past weekend Shelly and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. I can't fathom that it's already been 6 years since our big day, which is obviously a wonderful thing. We've had such a great past 6 years and now with Kate in the mix, things continue to get better and better.

To celebrate our anniversary, Shelly and I went to the Dells on Saturday morning. Kate ended up spending her weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Burch and had a blast. Shelly and I did as well, enjoying the sun and relaxing at Noah's Ark. We spent such a long time on the Lazy River just soaking up the sun and taking it easy. It was wonderful day to take a break and simply enjoy each others' company. On top of that, the lack of running around sure made things easier for the following day.

On Sunday, Shelly and I went to Devil's Head ski mountain in Merrimac, WI. Sunday was the day I took on the Tough Mudder. For those of you that aren't familiar with the run/challenge, its 10+ miles of mud, fire, freezing cold water, and electric shocks....literally! The 25 obstacles and course were designed by the British Special Forces and they sure know how to beat the hell out of their contestants. If you'd like to see all the obstacles I went through, feel free to click the following link to see the Course Map of my run. Simply mouse over any of the squares to read about each obstacle:


Anyway, a little less than 3/4 of the people that enter Tough Mudder actually go on to finish it and I can proudly say I'm now one of them. What made the day even more special was Shelly was there to not only support me but to film/take pictures of as much as she possibly could. She was running all around the course trying to get me in as many obstacles as she could. I can't thank her enough for her hard work and quick feet! Enjoy the following pictures and video from the day:

25 Minutes Before My Start Time

Obstacle 6: Berlin Walls


Obstacle 9: Kiss of Mud


Obstacle 11: Log Bog Jog


Obstacle 25: Electroshock Therapy...& the Finish Line


Just Finished
Sporting the Brutally-Earned and Coveted Orange Head Band

1 comment:

Scott said...

Nice! Congrats Johnny 5!